Solomon Systech Launches SSD1961 Display Controller
Low cost, low power display controller for mobile and handheld applications Embedded frame buffer – seamless integration between host processor and LCD panel Dynamic backlight control – advanced technology for backlight power saving
(Hong Kong – April 25, 2008) – Solomon Systech today is introducing the SSD1961 display controller designed to support LCD panels up to VGA resolution. The new display controller is ideal for mobile and handheld applications including smartphone, portable media player (PMP), personal navigation device (PND) and other products requiring high-resolution display.
The SSD1961 contains 675K bytes of embedded SRAM which serves as a frame buffer between the host processor and the LCD panel. The chip supports an 8/16/18-bit indirect host interface and 18-bit RGB LCD interface. The feature set includes hardware display rotation (0°, 90°, 180° and 270°), mirroring and windowing, and LCD output enhancement such as brightness, contrast and saturation control.
The SSD1961 integrates the dynamic backlight control technology for advanced power saving. Its sophisticated algorithm helps to reduce backlight power consumption up to 50% and therefore extends the battery life of mobile and handheld products.
SSD1961 Product Features
- Embedded 675KB SRAM
- Up to 640×480 (VGA) resolution, 18bit per pixel
- 1.8-3.3V for I/O and 1.2V for core
- 8/16/18-bit 6800/8080-series parallel host interface
- 18-bit RGB interface to LCD panels
- Internal PLL
- Programmable brightness/contrast/saturation control
- Hardware display rotation/mirroring/windowing
- Dynamic backlight control for advanced power saving
- Available in 64-pin TFBGA package
- 4 general-purpose I/O (GPIO)
Availability of SSD1961
Sample of the SSD1961 is now available. For more information, please visit http://www.solomon-systech.com, or contact our local sales office.